ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey

Go down

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey  Empty Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey

Post by catabbath 21/2/2024, 20:50

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey
A majority of respondents in Hungary, Greece and Italy want allies to push Kyiv to accept a settlement.

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey  GettyImages-2013750099-scaled
A third of Europeans also want the EU to limit its support for Ukraine | Roman Pilipey/AFP via Getty Images

February 21, 2024 12:27 pm CET
By Joshua Posaner and Giovanna Coi

BERLIN — Most Europeans support Ukraine in its war against Russia but only 1 in 10 think Ukraine can win, according to a survey by the European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), with most seeing a “compromise settlement” as necessary to end the conflict.
The responses come from 17,023 respondents to an online survey across 12 European Union countries in January.
Researchers say the pessimistic outlook is largely because of the political situation in the United States, where talks over a fresh aid package for Ukraine are at a deadlock in Congress and ex-President Donald Trump is seeking a comeback based in part on a commitment to withdraw military aid for Kyiv.
Advertisement

With rising worries about a second Trump presidency, the ECFR reports that 41 percent of Europeans want an increase or maintenance of current support for Ukraine — but just a fifth want Europe to compensate for a U.S. withdrawal in support.
A third of respondents — with voters asked in Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Sweden — want the EU to limit its support.
While the survey paints a bleak picture, a majority of those asked are still in favor of continuing to support Ukraine.
On average, just 19.5 percent of those surveyed believe Russia will win. However, in Hungary (64 percent), Greece (59 percent) and Italy (52 percent), majorities want allies to push Kyiv to accept a settlement deal — something Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has refused to consider.

The EU and its top leaders have been clear they intend to continue backing Kyiv, but artillery ammunition deliveries have slowed and there is uncertainty over the next military aid package from Brussels.
“In order to make the case for continued European support for Ukraine, EU leaders will need to change how they talk about the war,” said Mark Leonard, a co-author of the survey.
"Our poll shows that most Europeans are desperate to prevent a Russian victory. But they also don’t believe that Ukraine will be able to recover all of its territory."
“The most persuasive case for a skeptical public is that military support for Ukraine could lead to a durable, negotiated peace that favors Kyiv, rather than a victory for Putin," said Leonard.

Male
2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey  Empty Re: Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey

Post by catabbath 21/2/2024, 20:52

WAR PESSIMISM
Fewer than 10 percent of Europeans believe in an outright Ukrainian victory, with a majority of respondents thinking a compromise will be more likely.

Hebiga, ne čitaju Jutarnji cheers

Male
2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey  Empty Re: Most Europeans think Ukraine will lose the war, according to survey

Post by RayMabus 21/2/2024, 20:54

Nisi u toku. Njemačka je upravo objavila rat Rusiji.

https://www.ex-iskon-pleme.com/t57220-njemacka-objavila-rat-rusiji

Njemačka vlada i kancelar Scholz potpisali su ugovor o isporuci projektila dugog dometa Taurus Ukrajini.

Ali oni to ne reklamiraju.

Protokol uključuje slanje prve serije projektila u Ukrajinu početkom ožujka. Isporuka će se plaćati iz paketa vrijednog 50 milijardi eura za 5 godina.

Iznos prvog ugovora je 34 milijuna eura, radi se o seriji od 25 projektila.

Također, njemačka vlada će prenijeti opremu za održavanje i skladištenje projektila u vrijednosti od 4,5 milijuna eura i unaprijediti 12 SU-24 u Poljskoj za zračna lansiranja ovih projektila.

Za samo nekoliko sati njemački ministar obrane telefonski će razgovarati sa šefom Pentagona. Sporazuma o prijenosu raketa deklasificirat će se zbog curenja informacija u američkom tisku, čekamo ih nakon razgovora ministara obrane SAD-a i Njemačke.

Putin mora izgubiti ovaj rat i to mora biti cilj njemačke politike - predsjednik Odbora za vanjsku politiku Bundestaga Norbert Röttgen
RayMabus
RayMabus

2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMabus 21/2/2024, 20:58

Njemačka je objavila rat Rusiji i ide se na poraz te njegove armije Z u Ukrajini i ništa drugo osim toga više za Njemačku ne dolazi u obzir.

Za samo nekoliko sati njemački ministar obrane telefonski će razgovarati sa šefom Pentagona. Sporazuma o prijenosu raketa deklasificirat će se zbog curenja informacija u američkom tisku, čekamo ih nakon razgovora ministara obrane SAD-a i Njemačke.

Putin mora izgubiti ovaj rat i to mora biti cilj njemačke politike - predsjednik Odbora za vanjsku politiku Bundestaga Norbert Röttgen
RayMabus
RayMabus

2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by catabbath 21/2/2024, 21:03

RayMabus wrote:Nisi u toku.

February 21, 2024 12:27 pm CET

Male
2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMabus 21/2/2024, 21:06

To su ankete stoke sitnog zuba.

Sad kad raspali Wehrmaht po armiji Z stoka sitnog zuba će mislit drukčije.

Stoka samo bleji i vidi nešto i onda misli da je to tako odma. To su te ankete od kurca.
RayMabus
RayMabus

2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by T. 21/2/2024, 21:06

kako itko uopće može misliti drugačije...
kod činjenice da rusija posjeduje 6000 nuklearnih bojevih glava, a ukrajina 0...

2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMabus 21/2/2024, 21:13

Evo opet ih je izgleda potamanilo na postrojavanju. Sad češ vidit masakra kad dođu ove njemačke rakete Taurus. Neće ostat ni jedan vojnik armije Z fizički živ u toj Ukrajini. Sve će ih potamanit.

RayMabus
RayMabus

2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down