ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanci koji nestaju

Go down

Japanci koji nestaju Empty Japanci koji nestaju

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 9:00

http://nypost.com/2016/12/10/the-chilling-stories-behind-japans-evaporating-people/
Kermit
Kermit

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Japanci koji nestaju Empty Re: Japanci koji nestaju

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 9:00

[size=10]phane Remael[/size]

• Facebook

• Twitter

• Google

• Email

• Copy

NEWS

[size=34]The chilling stories behind Japan’s ‘evaporating people’

By Maureen Callahan
December 10, 2016 | 6:23pm

As a newlywed in the 1980s, a Japanese martial arts master named Ichiro expected only good things. He and his wife, Tomoko, lived among the cherry blossoms in Saitama, a prosperous city just outside of Tokyo. The couple had their first child, a boy named Tim. They owned their house, and took out a loan to open a dumpling restaurant.
Then the market crashed. Suddenly, Ichiro and Tomoko were deeply in debt. So they did what hundreds of thousands of Japanese have done in similar circumstances: They sold their house, packed up their family, and disappeared. For good.

“People are cowards,” Ichiro says today. “They all want to throw in the towel one day, to disappear and reappear somewhere nobody knows them. I never envisioned running away to be an end in itself . . . You know, a disappearance is something you can never shake. Fleeing is a fast track toward death.”
Of the many oddities that are culturally specific to Japan — from cat cafés to graveyard eviction notices to the infamous Suicide Forest, where an estimated 100 people per year take their own lives — perhaps none is as little known, and curious, as “the evaporated people.”
Since the mid-1990s, it’s estimated that at least 100,000 Japanese men and women vanish annually. They are the architects of their own disappearances, banishing themselves over indignities large and small: divorce, debt, job loss, failing an exam.
[/size]
Kermit
Kermit

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 9:01

“The Vanished: The Evaporated People of Japan in Stories and Photographs” (Skyhorse) is the first known, in-depth reportage of this phenomenon. French journalist Léna Mauger learned of it in 2008, and spent the next five years reporting a story she and collaborator Stéphane Remael couldn’t believe.
“It’s so taboo,” Mauger tells The Post. “It’s something you can’t really talk about. But people can disappear because there’s another society underneath Japan’s society. When people disappear, they know they can find a way to survive.”
These lost souls, it turns out, live in lost cities of their own making.
Kermit
Kermit

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 9:01

The city of Sanya, as Mauger writes, isn’t located on any map. Technically, it doesn’t even exist. It’s a slum within Tokyo, one whose name has been erased by authorities. What work can be found here is run by the yakuza — the Japanese mafia — or employers looking for cheap, off-the-books labor. The evaporated live in tiny, squalid hotel rooms, often without internet or private toilets. Talking in most hotels is forbidden after 6 p.m.
Here, Mauger met a man named Norihiro. Now 50, he disappeared himself 10 years ago. He’d been cheating on his wife, but his true disgrace was losing his job as an engineer.
Too ashamed to tell his family, Norihiro initially kept up appearances: He’d get up early each weekday, put on his suit and tie, grab his briefcase and kiss his wife goodbye. Then he’d drive to his former office building and spend the entire workday sitting in his car — not eating, not calling anyone.
Norihiro did this for one week. The fear that his true situation would be discovered was unbearable.
“I couldn’t do it anymore,” he tells Mauger. “After 19 hours I was still waiting, because I used to go out for drinks with my bosses and colleagues. I would roam around, and when I finally returned home, I got the impression my wife and son had doubts. I felt guilty. I didn’t have a salary to give them anymore.”
Kermit
Kermit

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 9:02

Ludi ljudi kod nas bi obitelj bila ponosna što im je sin propalica i šljam...
Kermit
Kermit

Female
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-8 Thu 12 Jan - 9:38

vjerojatno ne bi bili ponosni, ali bi na van pokazivali da je to ok...

al ovi japanci su stvarno posebni...in Japanese culture, in which suicide is considered the most dignified way to erase the shame one has visited upon their family

2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by L'âme Thu 12 Jan - 9:40

Najlakse 'nestat'..

L'âme

2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu 12 Jan - 10:12

maggie13 wrote:Najlakse 'nestat'..
nije nego se učlaniti u Hadeze hehehe