ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post?

Go down

Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post? Empty Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post?

Post by prckov Tue 7 Jul - 10:33

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/swipe-this-boyfriend-black-lives-matter-post/

What is your opinion of the importance of a main post on Instagram during this revolution?

I have told my boyfriend twice that it makes me uncomfortable that he hasn’t yet made a permanent post on his Instagram about Black Lives Matter on Instagram. Both times he got very upset. He said I was putting so much importance on it and that it minimized his other efforts like protesting. We’ve gone to several protests together, and I agree that protesting is important. But why hasn’t he done this one simple thing to show the people who follow him that he’s an ally?

I told him I think it’s his white fragility that’s keeping him from posting (we’re both white).
He says he’s posting every day to his stories and reading and learning and protesting almost every day. He told me he’s having difficult conversations with his family. He also said he realizes that he haws white fragility, but he doesn’t like me “guilt-tripping” him.

prckov
prckov

2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post? Empty Re: Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post?

Post by prckov Tue 7 Jul - 10:33

But isn’t the point of this movement to hold each other accountable? If he saw me not being actively anti-racist, I would certainly want him to call me out. I want him to call his friends out. I’ve checked their pages, and so many of them aren’t posting.

This is the first time my boyfriend and I have had a major conflict around something political. We share beliefs and values. Even though we were raised in conservative, small towns, we’re both very liberal. He’s anti-Trump, and he is usually open to conversations about feminism and what women have been through. I’m just angry that he doesn’t see how important it is to speak out right now. I think silence is really dangerous, and it scares me that he doesn’t want to be more vocal on his main page where lots of people can see his beliefs. He is a white male living in an extremely racist country—and I think it’s time for him to speak up!

I should also mention that my boyfriend is a photographer with a substantial following, so it’s not like this post would just go out to a few hundred acquaintances. He has several thousand followers, many of whom look up to him, and I can’t help but wonder if they’re noticing his silence, too. He has a platform. I want him to use it!

Why won’t he do this extremely small thing that could speak volumes to so many people?
Saying No to Silence

Nayomi Reghay
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.

Ili kako Klaus kaze = "economy of caring and sharing"
prckov
prckov

2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post? Empty Re: Why hasn’t my boyfriend made a Black Lives Matter post?

Post by kic Tue 7 Jul - 10:34

psihijatrija
kic
kic
Admin

Male
2014-04-10

https://www.ex-iskon-pleme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by prckov Tue 7 Jul - 10:36

hey boyfriend
run for fuck sake :D

Ili kako Klaus kaze = "economy of caring and sharing"
prckov
prckov

2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by prckov Tue 7 Jul - 10:45

kic wrote:
psihijatrija

vozaju im se pacojenti okolo
vid ove drame :D

prckov
prckov

2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by omni Tue 7 Jul - 10:47

Kad procitam da je netko izvrsio samoubojstvo uvijek se nadam da se radi o ovakvoj osobi.
omni
omni

Male
2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kic Tue 7 Jul - 12:59

prckov wrote:
kic wrote:
psihijatrija

vid ove drame   :D

šteta fino izgleda cura

but craaaaaaazy

šteta
kic
kic
Admin

Male
2014-04-10

https://www.ex-iskon-pleme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Jul - 14:02

prckov wrote:
kic wrote:
psihijatrija

vid ove drame   :D

Puknuta u glavu skroz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down