ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Washington Post: objektivnost je distorzija realnosti diktirana od strane bijelih muskaraca i njihovog svjetonazora

Go down

The Washington Post: objektivnost je distorzija realnosti diktirana od strane bijelih muskaraca i njihovog svjetonazora Empty The Washington Post: objektivnost je distorzija realnosti diktirana od strane bijelih muskaraca i njihovog svjetonazora

Post by prckov 3/2/2023, 11:05

Opinion | Newsrooms that move beyond ‘objectivity’ can build trust - The Washington Post

Leonard Downie Jr., a former executive editor of The Washington Post, is a professor at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University.

Amid all the profound challenges and changes roiling the American news media today, newsrooms are debating whether traditional objectivity should still be the standard for news reporting. “Objectivity” is defined by most dictionaries as expressing or using facts without distortion by personal beliefs, bias, feelings or prejudice. Journalistic objectivity has been generally understood to mean much the same thing.

But increasingly, reporters, editors and media critics argue that the concept of journalistic objectivity is a distortion of reality. 

They point out that the standard was dictated over decades by male editors in predominantly White newsrooms and reinforced their own view of the world. 

They believe that pursuing objectivity can lead to false balance or misleading “bothsidesism” in covering stories about race, the treatment of women, LGBTQ+ rights, income inequality, climate change and many other subjects.

And, in today’s diversifying newsrooms, they feel it negates many of their own identities, life experiences and cultural contexts, keeping them from pursuing truth in their work.

Ili kako Klaus kaze = "economy of caring and sharing"
prckov
prckov

2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

The Washington Post: objektivnost je distorzija realnosti diktirana od strane bijelih muskaraca i njihovog svjetonazora Empty Re: The Washington Post: objektivnost je distorzija realnosti diktirana od strane bijelih muskaraca i njihovog svjetonazora

Post by prckov 3/2/2023, 11:08

in covering stories about
 race, 
the treatment of women, 
LGBTQ+ rights, 
income inequality, 
climate change 
and many other subjects. 

Ili kako Klaus kaze = "economy of caring and sharing"
prckov
prckov

2014-04-19