ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?

Go down

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues? Empty Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?

Post by prckov Sun 5 Dec - 8:07

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues? | Voices Of A Nation

The New York Times opinion section has run a column advocating for classic rock songs like Don McLean’s “American Pie” to be reconsidered and maybe even “toppled” like historic Confederate statues, arguing that reevaluating beloved songs will help create a world that is “inclusive and more just.
Other rock singers ripe for cancellation include Eric Clapton, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and even Elvis Presley.
Jennifer Finney Boylan, who is a male-to-female transgender, laid out the case in the op-ed titled “Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?”

“As we take another look at the sins of our historical figures, we’ve also had to take a hard look at our more immediate past and present, including the behavior of the creators of pop culture,” Boylan wrote. “That reassessment extends now to the people who wrote some of our best-loved songs.”
Chief among the candidates for cancellation is “American Pie,” the 1971 classic song by Don McLean. Boylan cited past allegations of domestic violence made against McLean as justification for the song’s cancellation.
“I want to live in a world where I can be moved by art and music and literature without having to come up with elaborate apologies for that work or for its creators,” the columnist wrote.
The op-ed also cited the Rolling Stones’ “Brown Sugar,” saying the group’s recent decision to remove the song from its U.S. tour set may be insufficient.
“If the Stones don’t know why the song has to go, does simply removing it from their tour sheet go far enough?” Boylan wrote.
The columnist also put Eric Clapton in the cancel mob’s cross hairs by accusing the rocker of making “racist rants” and of engaging in “anti-vaccination activism.”
“It’s hard to explain why younger versions of ourselves ever thought they were OK in the first place,” Boylan wrote.
“Maybe reconsidering those songs, and their artists, can inspire us to think about the future and how to bring about a world that is more inclusive and more just.
prckov
prckov

2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues? Empty Re: Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?

Post by Guest Sun 5 Dec - 8:35

Bye, bye Miss American Pie .... ahahahaha ...!

Back to top Go down

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues? Empty Re: Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?

Post by Ringo10 Sun 5 Dec - 13:54

Sve ja imam na CD...nek zabranjuju
Ringo10
Ringo10

2015-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aben Sun 5 Dec - 13:57

Ringo10 wrote:Sve ja imam na CD...nek zabranjuju
Susidi ćete prijoviti, ko u jugosloveniji

And insofar as it is compulsory, it is not educational
aben
aben

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by niels Sun 5 Dec - 14:10

Ma zašto da ne, zabrani sve…
niels
niels

Male
2021-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus Sun 5 Dec - 17:03

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus Sun 5 Dec - 17:05

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus Sun 5 Dec - 17:10

da nastavimo s pjesmama koje treba zabraniti jer su rasističke, homofobne, seksističke itd.

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by zganci_i_jetrica Sun 5 Dec - 20:53

niels wrote:Ma zašto da ne, zabrani sve…
Pa zabrana je u raju izrasla, kaj ne? 

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues? Downlo10

Do not let your heart be fettered by Satan's singing, which is full of magic, deception, and seduction! Stop Devil's music! Stop rock and roll! 
zganci_i_jetrica
zganci_i_jetrica

2021-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by niels Sun 5 Dec - 21:01

zganci_i_jetrica wrote:

Do not let your heart be fettered by Satan's singing, which is full of magic, deception, and seduction! Stop Devil's music! Stop rock and roll! 

Raju wokizma, i ostalih -izama koji su mu prethodili.

Glazba je glazba, postoji samo loša i bolja.

U Reci nalijepili zvijezdu na neboder, umjetnost je to, umjetnost mora propitivati i preispitivati.

Ali Eric Clapton i Johnny Cash su neuključivi rasisti i seksisti.

Ma nemoj me…
niels
niels

Male
2021-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by zganci_i_jetrica Sun 5 Dec - 21:17

niels wrote:
zganci_i_jetrica wrote:

Raju wokizma, i ostalih -izama koji su mu prethodili.

Glazba je glazba, postoji samo loša i bolja.

U Reci nalijepili zvijezdu na neboder, umjetnost je to, umjetnost mora propitivati i preispitivati.

Ali Eric Clapton i Johnny Cash su neuključivi rasisti i seksisti.

Ma nemoj me…
Jel' ima neki samopoštovanja dostojan rocker da nije varao ženu i orgijao s maloljetnicama i tko zna što još sve ne  :P
zganci_i_jetrica
zganci_i_jetrica

2021-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus Sun 5 Dec - 21:29

woke = new puritan

2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down