ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next Empty What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:28

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next 13Thanimonarchy-QA-master768

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, one of the longest-reigning monarchs in history, died Thursday at age 88. His death, and the transition of power, could become a turning point for a country ruled by a military junta and long divided by rival political factions.

What power did the king have?

As head of state and the military, King Bhumibol endorsed the appointment of high-ranking government and military officials. The military government that has ruled the country since taking power in a coup two years ago claimed legitimacy from the king’s endorsement. The king was a symbol of national unity and viewed with great affection by the people of Thailand. His portrait hangs from buildings, in schools and along highways across the country.

Who succeeds him?

Maha Vajiralongkorn, 64, was appointed by King Bhumibol as the crown prince in 1972. The king’s only son, Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn is seen by many as a playboy living a jet-setter lifestyle in Europe. That reputation has prompted speculation that the 2014 coup may have been an attempt by the military to tighten its grip on the government before his ascension and ensure a smooth transition. 

Where does the military stand?

In 2014, the junta overthrew the elected government for the second time in a decade and suspended most of the Constitution. Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha was installed as the prime minister and chief of the junta, a move that the king blessed. The coup was seen as a victory for the political elite and a defeat for a rising populist movement. 

In August, voters backed a new Constitution, written by the military, that reduces the power of political parties and gives the military the authority to appoint members of the Senate. The junta restricted political assemblies and criticism of the referendum in the months leading up to the vote. As many as 120 people were jailed by the ruling generals

What happens next?

Past deaths of members of the royal family have included a period in which the body has lain in state and 100 days of mourning, followed by a six-day ceremony. But whether that happens this time and what other plans there may be are unknown, in large part because of the country’s strict lèse-majesté law, which makes it a crime to insult members of the royal family but in practice makes it difficult to even talk about them. There have been no official statements about preparations or succession planning. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/world/asia/thailand-king-death.html?_r=0

Back to top Go down

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next Empty Re: What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:33

On je bil sam fikus, right?

Back to top Go down

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next Empty Re: What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:43

:confjuz:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/18/world/asia/thailand-king-lese-majeste.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:46

Za slucaj da netko planira tam u turizam, dobro prostudirajte lèse-majesté law i poglecte gornji link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:46

Ti si još dole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:47

A vidim, ono bičevanje ak udahneš zrak koji je kralju bil namijenjen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:50

Eva wrote:Ti si još dole?
Jesam, do daljnjeg. Ako se nesto ne zmrda, a onda cemo...  :leaving

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:52

Eva wrote:A vidim, ono bičevanje ak udahneš zrak koji je kralju bil namijenjen.
Nis ne bum komentirala.  :|

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:52

dudette wrote:
Eva wrote:Ti si još dole?
Jesam, do daljnjeg. Ako se nesto ne zmrda, a onda cemo...  :leaving
A svijet je velik, tak i mi. Tu smo dok je dobro, ak se pokvari, niš nas ne drži, dižemo sidro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 16:54

dudette wrote:
Samo afirmativno.  farao Meni se nekaj i ne putuje u Tajland, pa mogu i jamrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:05

Eva wrote:
dudette wrote:
Samo afirmativno.  farao Meni se nekaj i ne putuje u Tajland, pa mogu i jamrat.
Ti ozezi, ja cu biti diplomatski suzdrzana.  :P  

Sa CNN-om ocito imaju deal jer su ovi to objavili kao breaking news. Sve affirmative, ofskroz. BBC - silenzio stampa. Od prije su im se Englezi zamerili. Daily Mail je zblokan od stoljeca sedmog.  :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:10

Picije otkidaju.... :x :x :x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:15

bogomdani wrote:Picije otkidaju.... :x :x :x
Ti bi tu bio u petom elementu.  :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:18

Ze fift ilement!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:19

dudette wrote:
bas se nes mislim..Svabija mi sve vise ide na zivce sa svojim brutalnim porezima,,.jebote,nije normalno a sad i ovi Khozoepi,kojima daju maksimalna prava a ljudi koji rade i crnce,njima ih rezu,i lupaju sve vece namete..pas im mtr poharo... Suspect

Kakva je klima za pokretanje vlastitog posla..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 17:21

uffff,ovo je dobro za period opcenja sa Rujkom...taman i traje dovvoljno.. rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 18:05

MaximusDecimusMiridije wrote:Ze fift ilement!
Ekčuali, najviše je trećeg elementa, if you know what I mean.  afro flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 18:08

bogomdani wrote:
dudette wrote:
bas se nes mislim..Svabija mi sve vise ide na zivce sa svojim brutalnim porezima,,.jebote,nije normalno a sad i ovi Khozoepi,kojima daju maksimalna prava a ljudi koji rade i crnce,njima ih rezu,i lupaju sve vece namete..pas im mtr poharo... Suspect

Kakva je klima za pokretanje vlastitog posla..?
Traba pricekati da se vidi hoce li biti ultimate fighta i kick-Thai boxinga izmedju zutih i crvenih. 

Ima puno stranaca, businessa raznih. Puno ih propada, ali novi nicu ko gljive.

Last edited by dudette on 13/10/2016, 18:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 18:08

dudette wrote:
MaximusDecimusMiridije wrote:Ze fift ilement!
Ekčuali, najviše je trećeg elementa, if you know what I mean.  afro flower

Snip-snip ppl :))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/2016, 18:10

MOTHER GOOSE..!!!! ....HEYYY..!!! DJUDETT..!!!

Pa zar ovo moze biti falsch..!!!??!!

What the Death of Thailand’s King Means, and What’s Next Donut01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next