ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams?

Go down

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? Empty What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams?

Post by Guest 18/7/2018, 09:43

INDEPENDENT: World Cup 2018: What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams?

With a population of just four million this Croatian team will go down as the greatest underdog performance by any country in World Cup history

That slogan won the public vote of Croatian fans before the tournament, beating off ‘Želja u srcu je moć na terenu!’ (‘Desire in the heart is power on the pitch’) and “Srcem do vrha!” (‘With heart, to the top!’)

When Croatian manager Zlatko Dalic was sat in his press conference after seeing his team beaten by France in the World Cup final, he was asked by a journalist from Georgia what message he has for other smaller countries who might hope to follow in Croatia’s footsteps all the way to the final of another World Cup somewhere else down the line.

“On our bus is the slogan, ‘Little country, big dreams’, it’s a good message to all,” Dalic said. “Work hard. Have good players. Get the results. And believe that it is possible.
Many things have to fall into place. But it’s a great message. Particularly for smaller countries like Croatia and Georgia. You have to have a dream, an ambition. Then follow those dreams and ambitions. One day, maybe it will come true. In football, or in life in general. Never give up.

For Croatia to reach the final was achievement enough, outdoing their 1998 team, beating Argentina, Denmark, Russia and England along the way, setting up a final that stood out for its rare unevenness. But Croatia then went on to play the better football in the first half, were unlucky to go 2-1 down, before their players eventually tired in the second half.
Theirs is a stirring story about team-work, unity, spirit and what a football team can achieve when all the players are pulling hard in the same direction. Yes, they could not do it without Luka Modric, but there is more to their story than that.

The Croatian players have shown a remarkable mentality at this World Cup, twice winning on penalties, overcoming England in extra-time and then fighting back today before their legs eventually gave way. Dalic explained afterwards that he “never stopped believing”, even when the team was 4-1 down. “At 4-1 down, I was not down and out, not defeated,” he said. “This is life. You accept it as it is. Overall, we played a great tournament of strength and quality.”

That was the message conveyed by the Croatian fans, who were singing louder than ever in the final few minutes, helping to lift the drained players at the end of the game. After the whistle, Dalic gathered his team together, and gave them an important message about how well they had done.

“Of course, we were all sad and downcast,” Dalic said. “But I told them to hold their heads up high. There was no reason to feel dissatisfied. They had given their all. They must be proud of their displays at the tournament. Chin up lads. If someone had offered us runners up before the tournament started, that would be fantastic. The development in how we played the final means a modicum of sadness. But I said to them: there is nothing to be sad about. Sometimes you lose, that is inevitable in sport. When we won we were dignified in victory. Now we must be dignified in defeat, and respect the scoreline.”

The positive message that Croatia have left at this World Cup will resonate far beyond their own shores. Because their story is about more than just this talented generation of players and a few very hard-fought games in Russia this summer.
Croatia have shown that you do not need to be a giant of the European or South American game to succeed at a World Cup. And they have shown that, like Holland in 1974 or Hungary in 1954, there may be as much immortality for the runner-ups as for the champions.

Every football country from Latin America, Africa and Asia can take heart from the Croatian example. Which shows that talented players, hard work, unity and some good fortune can take almost any country a long way.

It feels sometimes as if the World Cup will in future be won on rotation by those rich western European countries with the best youth systems. France, Germany and Spain the last three winners, with England and Belgium as beaten semi-finalists this year. As a sign that international football is as determined by economics as club football, it is a depressing thought.

But if Croatia can reach the final, play like this, and threaten to win it, then surely so can many, many more countries. These tournaments are more random than we realise, where little events can determine games, with no time for variance to even itself out. Other countries should watch Croatia, see their achievements and hope one day to match it. Other countries can have big dreams.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-final-2018-france-croatia-zlatko-dalic-luka-modric-what-we-learned-a8449421.html

Back to top Go down

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? Empty Re: What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams?

Post by Eroo 18/7/2018, 15:25

Speare Shaker wrote:

The positive message that Croatia have left at this World Cup will resonate far beyond their own shores. Because their story is about more than just this talented generation of players and a few very hard-fought games in Russia this summer.
Croatia have shown that you do not need to be a giant of the European or South American game to succeed at a World Cup. And they have shown that, like Holland in 1974 or Hungary in 1954, there may be as much immortality for the runner-ups as for the champions.

Every football country from Latin America, Africa and Asia can take heart from the Croatian example. Which shows that talented players, hard work, unity and some good fortune can take almost any country a long way.

It feels sometimes as if the World Cup will in future be won on rotation by those rich western European countries with the best youth systems. France, Germany and Spain the last three winners, with England and Belgium as beaten semi-finalists this year. As a sign that international football is as determined by economics as club football, it is a depressing thought.

But if Croatia can reach the final, play like this, and threaten to win it, then surely so can many, many more countries. These tournaments are more random than we realise, where little events can determine games, with no time for variance to even itself out. Other countries should watch Croatia, see their achievements and hope one day to match it. Other countries can have big dreams.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-final-2018-france-croatia-zlatko-dalic-luka-modric-what-we-learned-a8449421.html

Čudi me da INFORMER nije citira INDEPENDENT. :D
Eroo
Eroo

2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? Empty Re: What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams?

Post by Guest 18/7/2018, 16:58

Eroo wrote:
Speare Shaker wrote:

Čudi me da INFORMER nije citira INDEPENDENT. :D

Previše si oni glupi pa i jednostavno zli da bi shvatili kako se boldane i zaplavljene rečenice mogu sasvim lijepo odnositi i na njih i da i oni mogu ostvariti svoj san kao što smo i mi svoj, te barem završiti u finalu ako ne i osvojiti turnir.
No, mržnja im je toliko pomračila um da to nisu sposobni shvatiti.
Inače, upravo su boldane i zaplavljene rečenice bit one poruke koja se često može pročitati posljednjih dana: France won the cup, Croatia won hearts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora 18/7/2018, 16:59

Mi smo sad sirotinja kao sto su nekad bili juznoamerikanci 
I jedini nacin da se postigne uspjeh i obogati jest SPORT 
ZA NJIH 10- 20 
Ostali su najbjedniji Europljani

2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crvenkasti 18/7/2018, 17:01

Neka pati koga smeta, Hrvatska je prvak svijeta! 
Dobro, nije baš prvak, ali skoro.
crvenkasti
crvenkasti

Male
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Eroo 18/7/2018, 17:11

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? D7XeJnvc_bigger Zlatko Dalić‏ @DalicZlatko 5h5 hours ago

Great player! Great Gentleman! Paul Pogba.What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? DiYSzLxXUAAEyPP

105 replies 2,929 retweets 4,934 likes

What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? NJGKB8tN_biggerخالد عبدالله الجنيبي‏ @5aldinho

Replying to @DalicZlatko
Great person! Great Gentleman! Zlatko Dalić What can we learn from Croatia, the little country with big dreams? 1f49c
3:25 AM - 18 Jul 2018
Eroo
Eroo

2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Eroo 18/7/2018, 17:13

crvenkasti wrote:Neka pati koga smeta, Hrvatska je prvak svijeta! 

Nemoj ni ti previše patit i sve 5.
Eroo
Eroo

2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Eroo 18/7/2018, 17:15

Sora wrote:Mi smo sad sirotinja kao sto su nekad bili juznoamerikanci 
I jedini nacin da se postigne uspjeh i obogati jest SPORT 
ZA NJIH 10- 20 
Ostali su najbjedniji Europljani

Rimac je prvak svijeta u preskakivanju lastike... :D
Eroo
Eroo

2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by crvenkasti 18/7/2018, 17:28

Eroo wrote:

Neka Srbi suze rone, mi imamo šampione!

Tj. imali bismo, da smo pobijedili Francuze u finalu, ali i ovako je isto, skoro.
crvenkasti
crvenkasti

Male
2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Eroo 18/7/2018, 19:57

crvenkasti wrote:
Eroo wrote:

Neka Srbi suze rone, mi imamo šampione!

Tj. imali bismo, da smo pobijedili Francuze u finalu, ali i ovako je isto, skoro.
Hrvati slave izgubljeno finale kao Srbi izgubljenu kosovsku bitku, a?
Ne znan šta su zapeli kod Oluje, mogli bi i nju slavit ...
Eroo
Eroo

2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down