ex-iskon-pleme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rim

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rim - Page 2 Empty Re: Rim

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug - 22:51

kic wrote:daj izvadi ponešto iz toga ovdje.
Sutra ću početi čitati ako stignem pa ako naiđem na nešto zanimljivo, napišem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug - 22:53

I prije me zanimalo ovo razdoblje, no nekako me sad i previše podsjeća na sadašnje vrijeme...toliko ima sličnosti...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug - 14:01

Evo nešto iz pogovora, stavim još kasnije....

"His History, which he divided into thirty-one books (of which the first thirteen are lost, while the text of those
which remain is in some places imperfect), began with the accession of
Nerva, A.D. 96, where Tacitus and Suetonius end and was continued to the death of Valens, A.P. 378, a
period of 282 years. And there is probably no work as to the
intrinsic value of which there is so little difference of opinion. Gibbon bears
repeated testimony to his accuracy,fidelity, and impartiality, and quotes him extensively. In
losing his aid after A.D. 378, he says, " It is not without sincere
regret that I must now take leave of an accurate and faithful guide who has composed the history of his own times without indulging the prejudices and passions which usually affect the mind of contemporary."

"His great value, however, consists in the facts he has made
known to us, and is quite independent of the style or language in which he has conveyed that knowledge, of which
without him we should have been nearly destitute."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 18:51

Još malo od Amijana, ovo je jako zanimljivo, o Arapima, dakle skoro 300 godina prije nastanka islama...

4. Their life is one continued wandering; their wives are hired, on special covenant, for a fixed time; and that there may be some appearance of marriage in the business,the intended wife, under the name of a dowry, offers aspear and a tent to her husband, with a right to quit him after a fixed day, if she she choose to do so. And it is inconceivable with what eagerness the individuals of both sexes give themselves up to matrimonial pleasures.
5. But as long as they live they wander about with such extensive and perpetual migrations, that the woman is married in one place, brings forth her children in another, and rears them at a distance from either place, no opportunity of remaining quiet being ever granted to her.

6. They all live on venison, and are further supported on a great abundance of milk, and on many kinds of herbs, and on whatever birds they can catch by fowling. And
we have seen a great many of them wholly ignorant of the use of either corn or wine.

7. So much for this most mischievous nation...

Libri XIV, cap. IV, 4-7

Last edited by Starhemberg on Mon 5 Oct - 19:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:01

fon štafla!

oš ti ban?

šeći.

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
Smrt baterijama sloboda Dizelu.
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:04

I mala digresija, cosplay :D (približno amijanovo doba i kasnije)

Rim - Page 2 12087708_1481986388770833_7009716012105321185_o

Rim - Page 2 12068986_1481986458770826_4094395006204003906_o

Rim - Page 2 12074556_1481986495437489_2864991505142393163_n

Rim - Page 2 12080046_1481986612104144_4099681912841237494_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:04

veber_1 wrote:fon štafla!

oš ti ban?

šeći.
Šuti i uživaj ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:15

Starhemberg wrote:

oš ti ban?

šeći.
Šuti i uživaj ;)
nemrem šutjet. :P

ako te zanima corto ili jeremiah daj neki gmail pa si skini s mojeg cloud-a. uploadao sam kicu.

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:15

PDF

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:22

veber_1 wrote:
Starhemberg wrote:

oš ti ban?

šeći.
Šuti i uživaj ;)

ako te zanima corto ili jeremiah daj neki gmail pa si skini s mojeg cloud-a. uploadao sam kicu.
Može, na pp ti pošaljem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:24

O Siriji (idem redom, pa što zanimljivo vidim, nabacim :))

8. The next province is Syria, which is spread over beautiful champaign country. This province is ennobled by Antioch, a city known over the whole world, with which no other can vie in respect of its riches, whether imported or natural : and by Laodicea and Apameia, and also by Seleucia, all cities which have ever been most prosperous from their earliest foundation.

9. After this comes Phoenicia, a province lying under Mount Lebanon, full of beauty and elegance, and decorated with cities of great size and splendor, among which Tyre excels all in the beauty of its situation and init.s renown. And next come Sidon and Berytus, and on a par with them Emissa and Damascus, cities founded in remote ages.

10. These provinces, which the river Orontes borders,a river which passes by the foot of the celebrated and lofty mountain Cassius, and at last falls into the Levant near the Gulf of Issus, were added to the 1 Ionian dominion by Cneus Pompey, who, after he had conquered Tigranes,separated them from the kingdom of Armenia.
Libri XIV, cap. VIII, 8-10

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:30

Starhemberg wrote:
veber_1 wrote:
Starhemberg wrote:

oš ti ban?

šeći.
Šuti i uživaj ;)

Može, na pp ti pošaljem.
nisam ni mislio urbi et orbi :P

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:39

skidaj :D

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:43

veber_1 wrote:skidaj :D
:tu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 19:47

Ogromno je...skinem dio večeras, ostalo cu kasnije :)

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:47

imam "hrpu" povijesti.
nisam samo na rimu.

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Mon 5 Oct - 19:49

Starhemberg wrote:Ogromno je...skinem dio večeras, ostalo cu kasnije :)
cloud ti je otvoren. skidaj kada možeš. problem je kaj je dio filea jpg pa bez obzira na kompresiju file je velik.

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 6 Oct - 18:43

Julijan proglašen cezarom (suvladarom)

3. ...Accordingly, after many undecided deliberations and long discussions, his resolution was at last taken decidedly, and having discarded all further vain debate, he resolved on associating Julian with him in the empire.

4. He was therefore summoned; and when he had arrived, on a fixed day, the whole of his fellow-comrades who were in the city were ordered to attend, and a tribunal was erected on a lofty scaffolding, surrounded by the eagles and standards. And Augustus, mounting it, and holding Julian by the right hand, made this conciliatory speech :

5. " We stand here before you, most excellent defenders of the republic, to avenge with one unanimous spirit the common dangers of the state. And how I propose to provide for it I will briefly explain to you, as impartial judges.

8. " You all know my cousin Julian, whom I hero present to you ; a youth endeared to us by his modesty as well as by his relationship ; a youth of virtue already proved, and of conspicuous industry and energy. Him I have determined to raise to the rank of Caesar, and hope, if this seems expedient to you, to have my decision confirmed by your consent."

10. ... "Because, therefore, your joyful acclamations show that you look favourably on the design I have announced, let this youth, of tranquil strength, whose temperate disposition it will be better to imitate than merely to praise, rise up now to receive the honours prepared for him. His excellent disposition, increased as it has been by all liberal accomplishments, I will say no more of than is seen in the fact that I have chosen him. Therefore, now, with the manifest consent of the Deity, I will clothe him with the imperial robe."

11. This was his speech. And then, having immediately clothed Julian with the purple robe of his ancestors, and having pronounced him Caesar, to the great joy of the army, he thus addressed him, though Julian himself appeared by his grave countenance to be somewhat melancholy.

16. And while they gazed earnestly on his eyes, terrible in their beauty, and his countenance more attractive than ever by reason of his present excitement, they augured from his looks what kind of ruler he was likely to prove, as if they had been searching into those ancient volumes which teach how to judge of a man's moral disposition by the external signs on his person. And that he might be regarded with the greater reverence, they neither praised him above measure, nor yet below his desert. And so the voices raised in his favour were looked upon as the judgment of censors, not of soldiers.

17. After the ceremony was over, Julian was taken up into the imperial chariot and received into the palace, and was heard to whisper to himself this verse of Homer
                                                                     " Now purple death hath seized on me,
                                                                       And powerful strength of destiny."...

21. But when he arrived at Vienne, people of every age and class went forth to meet him on his entrance to the city, with a view to do him honour by their reception of him as one who had been long wished for, and was now granted to their prayers...

22. And a blind old woman, when in reply to her question "Who was entering the city?" she received for answer " Julian the Caesar," cried out that " He would restore the temples of the gods."...

Libri XV, cap. IX, 3-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Oct - 19:30

Rim - Page 2 11048789_822866154475870_6379303337642272373_n

FLAVIUS CLAVDIVS JVLIANVS AVGVSTVS :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Oct - 19:02

Zanimljivo, nisam znao da je Boris Johnson zapravo povjesničar po struci :)

Back to top Go down

Post by veber Sun 9 Oct - 15:43

nije me bilo godinu dana, neodgovorno.

moram nešto zanimljivo pokrenut u vezi rima. :D

Rim - Page 2 M_50010

Rim - Page 2 01-nov14
veber
veber

Male
2014-12-30